Very disturbing stuff (buried at the bottom of the story is the race of the killer):
The man who killed four Lakewood police officers at a Parkland coffee shop may have been wounded by one of the officers.Four cops dead - at the hand of a Black person - just like in Oakland earlier this year:
Pierce County sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer told reporters at the scene that one of the officers struggled out the door and fired his gun at the attacker.
"There is evidence that a Lakewood Police officer fired off some shots, and we hope that he hit him," said Troyer. "If he's hit, that means that he's injured somewhere with a gunshot wound."
Troyer said the suspect is a black male, 5-foot-7 to 6 feet tall, 20s to 30s, scruffy appearance, wearing a black coat with a gray sweatshirt underneath, and blue jeans.
A $10,000 reward is being offered for information. Tiplines - for tips only - are (253) 591-5959 or 866-977-2362.
Washington Gov. Chris Gregoire said she was "shocked and horrified" by the killings.
"Our police put their lives on the line every day, and tragedies like this remind us of the risks they continually take to keep our communities safe," she said in a written statement. "My heart goes out to the family, friends and co-workers of these officers, as well as the entire law enforcement community."
SBPDL is too disturbed by this story to post more tonight. We'll close it with lyrics from "F*** Tha Police":
Police say the fourth Oakland police officer shot on Saturday has died at a city hospital.
Oakland police spokesman Jeff Thomason said Sunday that 41-year-old Officer John Hege died at Highland Hospital after being gravely wounded during a traffic stop.
Authorities say a 26-year-old parolee opened fire on Hege and 40-year-old Sgt. Mark Dunakin after they pulled him over around 1 p.m. on Saturday, killing Dunakin.
Suspect Lovelle Mixon was slain later that afternoon in a gunfight with police that left two more officers dead. Thomason identified those officers as 43-year-old Sgt. Ervin Romans and 35-year-old Sgt. Daniel Sakai.
Police said the officers' deaths were the most ever in a single day in the department's history.
- "Fuck tha police comin straight from the underground
- A young nigga got it bad 'cause I'm brown
- I'm not the other color so police think
- They have the authority to kill a minority"
- "To the police I'm sayin fuck you punk
- Readin my rights and shit, it's all junk
- Pullin out a silly club, so you stand
- With a fake assed badge and a gun in your hand
- But take off the gun so you can see what's up
- And we'll go at it punk, and I'ma fuck you up"
- "Without a gun and a badge, what do you got
- A sucker in a uniform waiting to get shot
- By me, or another nigga
- And with a gat it don't matter if he's smaller or bigger."