|I spent a month in New Jersey one night...|
- 61% of all inmates in the New Jersey correctional system are Black (14,469 of 23, 810 total inmates)
- In New Jersey juvenile facilities, Blacks compose of 65% of the inmate population.
- In New Jersey halfway houses and county jails, 64% of the inmates are Black.
- In New Jersey State Prison, a maximum security prison where only the most violent inmates are sent, Blacks are 66% of the population.
- In Northern State Prison (outside of the infamous Newark), Blacks are 64% of the inmate population and 70% of the administrative segregation population (meaning the inmates you have to keep on lockdown 23 hours a day or they’ll kill others or be killed by others).